Privacy and Security
Our commitment to you:
We understand that your trust in us depends on how secure we keep your personal and account information; therefore, we take guarding your information very seriously.
USECU takes comprehensive and proactive measures to ensure your information is safe when you access your accounts via our branch locations, ATMs, phone system, and website. For your protection we always verify your identity before granting you access to your accounts. Additionally, our electronic systems use firewalls and various levels of encryption to protect your information from others.
Our site also uses secure browsers to protect you while you use our online services. Secure browsers allow you to communicate with our web site in a protected way by encrypting the traffic. To verify your session is secure, look for https in the URL address line, and a secure symbol (a closed padlock or key) on the status bar of your browser.
To provide additional protection, we have installed a timeout feature within our Home Banking platform. This feature automatically logs you out of your account session after a certain period of time.
Finally, our website employs firewalls to protect our computer systems and your information. Digital certificates and other user challenge/response authentication methods provide additional security for our online home banking services.
How you can protect yourself:
You play an important role in helping to keep your information secure. Following are ways you can help protect yourself and your accounts.
- Never share your personal passwords with anyone.
- Consider enabling your operating system’s personal firewall to prevent hackers from gaining access to your pc.
- Install virus and malware protection for a multi-layered level of protection.
- When you are finished with your transactions, always click on “Log Out”.
- Close your web browser before leaving a shared or public computer.
- If you think your Home Banking password has been compromised call us at (312) 922-5210 or change your password immediately.